June 25, 2012

Another One of Those Weekends

You know when you get to Sunday night and feel like you need another weekend to make up for the one you just had? Yeah...I had one of those.
My weekend started Wednesday night with the last day of the school year. Luckily, my end of the year night coincided with Drew's 32nd birthday, and we were able to go down to Phil's BBQ to celebrate Drew with some of our closest friends and family. You can't leave Phil's with being ridiculously stuffed...and that was definitely the case.



On Friday we went to the fair with the family and our good friends, Ron and Liz, who came down from Oregon to visit. I never seem to be in the mood to try the crazy fair foods, and I always leave disappointed that I didn't try something. Oh well, maybe next year.
Friday was the long anticipated day of Angelia's bridal shower. It took some hard work and frayed nerves (shout out to my husband who had to deal with a frazzled Whitney this weekend...believe me, the man is a saint), but the night was beautiful, touching, and oh so much fun!


Then, Friday night was spent at the drive-in seeing "The Avengers." I think I would have enjoyed it more if I wasn't on the verge of falling asleep the whole time, but I still love the whole "drive-in" experience.
Saturday morning, bright and early, we were out the door and headed down to De Anza Cove to set up for Justyn's surprise 30th birthday party. It was a BLAST. She was thoroughly surprised, and loved her special day! We were able to enjoy yummy food, a pinata, volleyball, and good company.

And if all of that wasn't enough, we ended Saturday night with a trip to the Padres game. They lost. Boo.
While the weekend was a CRAZY one, it was so great to be able to spend it with those that I love. Next weekend won't be quite so hectic (I hope), because this girl needs to just RELAX!

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...