February 20, 2018

Anderson: One Month

When I found out I was pregnant with Anderson last April...I had a bit of a panic attack.
Okay, that’s an understatement. “Mild nervous breakdown” is a more appropriate description.  The thought of going back to what I call the “trauma of the newborn phase” had me freaking out. Sleepless nights? Colic-y babies? 8,000 diapers a day? All of it just sounded overwhelming to me. Having Wren was the hardest thing I had ever done, and I just wasn’t ready to go back to that dark place again. That was my mindset through my entire pregnancy.
I know, super positive thinking.
And then he came.
And the minute I looked at him, every negative thought that had flooded my thinking for the preceding months fled.
He was mine.
And I wanted every perfect inch of him.
I won’t lie and say it has been easy. Sleep deprivation, a nursing baby, and a needy toddler would defeat even the most stoic of contenders
But the joy is there.
It took me a while to find the joy in motherhood the first time around, and I’m thankful that hasn’t been my experience this time.
Little man is already a month old. So, here’s what he has been up to:

Weight: 9 pounds 14 ounces

Length: 23 inches

Milestones:
Like big sister Wren, Anderson started smiling pretty early on at three weeks old. They were timid, little half-smiles at first, but by week four, they were taking up his whole face. Also like big sister Wren, Anderson struggled to gain weight at first. He was a sleepy eater, and REFUSED to eat (shaking his head and screaming) if Mommy tried to feed him before he was ready. He only “maintained” his weight for the first two weeks, but overcame that hiccup pretty quickly. At one month old, he is now a voracious eater and is gaining weight like a champ! Anderson is a decent sleeper, sleeping for four-five hour stretches on some nights and only two hour stretches on others. He’s a light sleeper though, and seems to stir at the slightest noise.

Loves:
Much to his Daddy’s delight (the “cuddler” of the family), Anderson loves to be snuggled in close. He’s happiest with a pacifier in his mouth, and his face squished against whoever’s holding him. He also loves being carried against Mommy in the wrap, and will snooze for hours when wrapped up. Like his sister, Anderson likes to be “on the go.” He is content to ride around in the stroller and does really well when Mommy takes him on her morning walks.

Hates:
Bath time! There’s nothing that gets Anderson screaming faster than a dip in the tub. While Anderson doesn’t “hate” his car seat (he does MUCH better than his sister ever did), there are times when he expresses his displeasure at being put down and forced to ride in the seat. And while he doesn’t “rage” as often or as long as his sister did (she would scream EVERY time she was put into her car seat), his cries are much more intense than her’s. Mommy and Daddy often say that they have never heard a baby cry as loudly or as fiercely as Anderson does. Luckily it doesn’t occur too often.

Overall, Anderson is a content little guy as long as he is being held and has a pacifier in his mouth. But if you put him down, watch out! This makes getting tasks done a little difficult, but it’s nothing that a baby carrier can’t fix!





No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...