March 21, 2012

Freedom

I have finally decided that I actually quite love being out of school. Oh, don't get me wrong, I still have those moments of panic when I feel wayward and without a purpose...but they have become very few and far between. I've decided that I quite like my freedom. When my studious little husband is grumbling over some assignment, I feel a bit serene in the fact that I don't have to suffer through it anymore (sorry love...you're getting closer).

So here's what I've been filling my AMPLE time with:

1. Downton Abbey: Ooooh...this little gem will suck you right in. Well, if you're a history dork like me who loves a good period drama, that is. It's a PBS Masterpiece Classic series, and I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a sucker for all of them, but Downton has a special place in my heart. Mr. Bates...oh he's the BEST. If you watch it, you'll see what I mean. And don't even get me started on Matthew! Love him. Just don't call it Down-TOWN Abbey. It's Down-TON. My husband loves to mispronounce it, because he knows how much it drives me CRAZY. I finished it last week, and I'm depressed I have to wait so long for season 3. But I know it will be SO worth the wait!

2. A Discovery of Witches: I've been reading this beast for the past month. I NEVER take that long to read a book. It's just not in my nature. But...I don't know. I just can't get into it, and I can't put my finger on WHY. It's decent I suppose, but it has just taken so long to get SOMEWHERE. I only have about 75 pages left, and it has just started to pick up a bit. Iv'e been seeing it everywhere, and hearing great reviews, but I'm a little underwhelmed. It's the first in a series, and the next one comes out this summer. We'll see if it gets better.

3. Drew and Angelia's Wedding: Oh I'm so excited for this one. My brother-in-law Drew and his lovely lady, Angelia, have decided to tie the knot! Yay! It's been a LONG time comin' folks, but I know their relationship is WELL worth the wait. Angelia decided that she wants her colors to be yellow and gray, and I've had SO much fun helping her come up with some great ideas. My husband says I spend way too much time on Pinterest finding little tid bits for their wedding, but I've discovered, planning for someone else's wedding is a LOT more enjoyable than planning for your own. It's so much less stressful!

4. Job Searching: Grrrr. I hate job searching, but I do it everyday. I just want my own classroom, filled with my own ideas. It will come one day...I just need to stay positive and keep on keepin' on. 

So that's my life lately. SUPER exciting...I know. But I'm content. I'm enjoying this transitional phase in my life, and waiting for the next.

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...