April 05, 2012

"He Was a Beautiful Butterfly!"

While the big boys (Dad, Graham, Dan, TJ, Justin, Aaron, etc. etc.) went out to the desert to ride this Saturday, the girls (Mom and me) took the little boys (Noah and Grant) to the Wild Animal Park. I haven't been there since I was little, and my memories were of a dusty, dry, hot, expanse of little interest. Let me just say, things have changed since then. The park was beautiful, with weather to match, and we enjoyed all of the activities that the park had to offer. The butterfly exhibit was a personal favorite. If you haven't been, I recommend it. There is just something so serene about butterflies, and when you are surrounded by hundreds of them flitting around, it is impossible not to be awed. The lorikeets were a close second though. Those little guys aren't shy at all, and will jump right  on your hand if you're holding some nectar. The rest of the day was spent touring the grounds, and "going on safari." We had a grand ol' time, and I definitely won't wait so long to return in the future!















No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...