August 26, 2012

A Day Worth Waiting For

I've been waiting to blog about this very special day for a long time....and it's finally here! Drew and Angelia got married on July 14th, 2012. Drew is my husband's brother, and I consider Angelia a sister. My mom always tells people that she's her "adopted daughter," and she just fits into the Ford and Russell clans so seamlessly.Without going into the details that aren't mine to tell, let's just say that this day was a LONG time in coming. But everyone who knows the two realize that it was well worth the wait, because they were most definitely made for each other!
I had the pleasure of helping Angelia plan the extravaganza, and as stressful as it was, we had a BLAST doing it. Angelia and I are the perfect pair, I tell ya! She's super easy going/easy to please...and I'm a control freak. Let's just say I have a problem with taking over. Whenever people would ask her questions like..."Hey Angelia, what do you think about this," I found myself answering, "Oh, we don't like that idea." I know, I know...a bit highhanded. My husband had to reel me in quite often. I think at one point a certain sister-in-law, (who shall remain nameless), called me "bossy." Even though I know she was kidding, there is still some truth to it. Oops! But hey, the wedding turned out beautifully, so who's complaining...right??
The theme was "rustic," and the colors were yellow and gray. It was pulled off to perfection (well, at least in my opinion) with mason jars, burlap, and one of a kind antiques that were collected from the mother and grandmother of the groom. It was a complete DIY wedding, with the Russell/Ford girls making ALL of the decorations, and my mom and sister doing ALL of the flowers. We had pulled-pork sandwiches, potato salad, a cute little lemonade stand, and the MOST delicious cake you will ever eat. Dancing was enjoyed by all, and the day was just perfect. The icing on the cake was the BEAUTIFUL pictures that were taken by our friend, Tyler Little. If you want some amazing pictures, he's the man to call! Here are only some of the best shots of the day!





















No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...