September 09, 2012

I Dreamed A Dream...

I once took a career aptitude test in high school. The results? It told me that I should either be a doctor or an actress. I know...on two opposite sides of the spectrum, right? Anywho, there is NO way that I could have gone the medical route because I'm a hypochondriac, and dealing with sick people every day would force me into a constant state of panic. I'm telling you if I knew about all of the diseases that were out there, life would be a scary endeavor, indeed!
But an actress??
Oooh...if we're talking a BROADWAY actress I am SO there. Unfortunately, I wasn't blessed with a killer set of pipes, so that route was also closed to me. Bummer. But that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy myself a good musical from time to time. Okay, let's be honest, I don't just enjoy them. I get a little obsessive. Phantom of the Opera? oh gosh. And Wicked?? That's my house cleaning soundtrack.
But my favorite musical, you ask?
Les Misérables.
Without question.
I know every lyric, every note, and every turn of the plot like the back of my hand.
See? A little obsessive.
So, imagine my delight when the long anticipated day FINALLY arrived last Thursday, and I got to go see my beloved play again. It's been almost ten years since I saw it last, and that was FAR too long of a wait.
The whole family enjoyed the night...even the boys! I knew that Graham would like it (Shhh...don't tell him I told you, but he enjoys the musicals too), but all of the other dudes were into as well. My dad may have even gotten a bit teary during one of Valjean's solos. I know I sure did! Like this one right here: Jean Valjean singing "Bring Him Home..." This was my favorite scene/song of the night. It was so lovely!
Every line was sung in my head (and maybe even a few out loud), and my husband enjoyed laughing at how ridiculously excited I would get with each new scene. It was just wonderful!
Even though the play is almost three hours long, I was still so sad when it ended. But, fortunately, the new Les Misérables movie will be coming out on Christmas of this year, so I don't have too long to wait to enjoy the story again. And you better believe I'll be seeing it opening day!


No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...