November 29, 2012

Easily Amused

Yesterday, I experienced a series of events that brought me a great deal of amusement. Let me present them to you:

1. Morning: I was covering an economics class for one of the teachers that I work with. Although me teaching an econ class is quite comical (even though I am credentialed to teach it, econ and I do not get along), this is not the funny part. That comes later. Anyways, the students are currently working on a project that requires a lot of work on the computer; specifically "Craigslist" (don't judge me...it's not my assignment). About half way through the period one of the students (we'll call him Tony) yelled out an expletive at another student (we'll call him Larry), followed by, "Larry, I'm going to kill you!" After some cross examination, I discovered that Tony's anger stemmed from the fact that Larry had placed a fake ad on Craigslist for a free TV. This also is not the funny part. The funny part is that Larry put in Tony's phone number as the contact. Hahaha. In the five minutes that the ad was up (I quickly made Larry take it down), Tony received about 10 phone calls regarding the ad. It was hilarious seeing how flustered he got at the barrage of phone calls (I know I'm heartless).  Don't worry, I sternly lectured Larry on the inappropriateness of his actions. But secretly, I wanted to give him a high five and an "atta' boy" for his clever little joke.

2.Afternoon: I take a "boot camp" class every Monday and Wednesday. It's pretty brutal, and I get pretty sweaty. Normally, I head straight home after class without any pit stops, but yesterday my bladder got the best of me and I had to use the facilities. I discovered that a sweaty posterior and toilet seat covers are  not a good match. Gross, I know...but also super amusing.

3. Evening: Following my boot camp class, I had a tutoring session at a student's home. This was my first time working with this particular student, so upon arriving at her house, I was introduced to her three little sisters. About ten minutes later, her youngest sister came over and sat by me. Our conversation was as follows:
Little Girl: Do you have a boyfriend?
Me: Nope.
Little Girl: You don't?
Me: Nope. I have a husband.
Little Girl: Oh. I thought that my tutor was your boyfriend.
Me: Oh yeah? What made you think that?
Little Girl: He's Asian.
Me: Oh. Cool.
I guess she pegged me as the "Asian tutor" type. I think I must give off that vibe or something.

See? Funny stuff.

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...