November 05, 2013

A Season of Celebrations

So...life has been busy.
Like, super busy.
Hence the reason that I haven't updated this little blog of mine in, oh...about three months.
BUT, I'm trying to remedy my absence by recounting all of the glorious little celebrations that life has had to offer in the last couple of months.
Seriously. I feel like the months of September, October, and the little sliver of November that we've had thus far have been stuffed full of so many delightful little occurrences. So, bear with me as I attempt to get up to date:
September 7th, 2013
...was the day that we celebrated my dear sister-in-law, Angelia, and her beautiful baby boy. We threw a "just like dad" baby shower that was complete with mustaches, flannel, bow ties, and all things "manly." I apologize for the lack of pictures...but I was a bit busy! Throwing a shower is tough work, I tell ya! The lovely Angelia was thrilled with the party, and she has since welcomed Baby Ethan into the world. He is absolutely perfect, and gets a whole LOT of loving from this aunt!

September 14th, 2013
The following Saturday, we celebrated Mr. Noah's 5th birthday, "Power Ranger" style! My sister put together the cutest little party, and had all of the kids participate in a "Power Ranger Training" camp. Noah was so excited for his birthday celebration, and it was so neat to see my sweet, sensitive boy get spoiled for his special day!

On to the next celebration!
September 22nd, 2013
Another shower to add to the list. I was so honored and thrilled to throw a bridal shower for my friend, Laura. The theme was "all things purple and sparkly," and I'm pretty sure we delivered! My girl Kasey and I sure know how to throw a party, I tell ya! We provided a delicious Sunday brunch that included the cutest mini quiches, donut holes on a stick, waffles in a cup, and a whole plethora of little tasty treats. We played a "he said/she said" game, and a "how well does the bride know the groom" game that Laura dominated at. The party and the company were just lovely, and it made all of the hard work worth it to see Laura cry (in a good way, of course!).


So...you'd think that would be it...right? Well, you'd be wrong. I told you, I've been busy!
September 27th, 2013
The following Friday, I headed to Las Vegas with a group of lovely ladies to celebrate Laura's bachelorette weekend. We had entirely too much fun, got way too little sleep, and ate far too much food. It took me about two days to recover from the trip (I don't do well when I'm lacking sleep), but the trip was oh so worth it. I can't remember the last time I laughed so much in a three day time span.
October 6th, 2013
...It was time to celebrate my nephew, "Mr. Grunts." We had a little family get together to celebrate the little booger turning three, and he was in heaven with all of the gifts, and of course, the DESSERT. I think the boy likes sugar more than me...and that's saying something!
October 11th, 2013
Was a day that my family has been waiting for for quite some time...the day that my brother's mission call came in the mail. For those who don't know what a mission is, let me tell ya! In our church, young men and women, typically aged 18-21, serve for 18 months to two years in a place other than home. There are missions all over the world, and missionaries serve wherever they are "called." My brother has been waiting for his chance to serve for quite some time now, and his call finally came! Yay! We had a little party where everyone placed their "guesses" (one foreign and one domestic) on a map, and waited anxiously for TJ to open "THE" envelope. My parents and my sister and her husband watched on "FaceTime" as TJ opened the call. He has been called to serve in the Montevideo, Uruguay mission, and he couldn't be more thrilled! We, on the other hand, are not too thrilled that he will be leaving the week before Christmas...but I am excited for him to embark on this amazing experience in life. 

October 18th, 2013
Oma's Pumpkin Patch, a Russell tradition! The whole Russell clan journeyed to Oma's, as we do every October, to enjoy the charming surroundings and the fun little activities. We sledded down a hill of cotton seed, took a hay ride, and enjoyed yummy treats that Graham's sweet Grandma baked. 
October 25th, 2013
I never go to Vegas. Seriously. It's not my "scene." But for some reason, I decided to go twice in less than a month. All of my siblings, and their significant others enjoyed the Life is Beautiful festival over the weekend. We saw some amazing bands (Kings of Leon, Passion Pit, The Alabama Shakes...the list continues), and enjoyed one another's company. I love my siblings. They're so freaking fun!

Whew! And now we're up to the present (mostly).
Saturday November 2nd, 2013
Probably one of the most anticipated days of the decade! My friend Laura, after TEN years with her boy, finally got hitched. It was one of the most beautiful weddings that I have ever been to, and I was so honored to be a part of it! The weekend was a whirlwind, and I feel like I'm still recovering, but it was such a treat to witness the union of two people who are SO very much in love. I wish I had taken more pictures, but I suppose these ones will have to do! Congrats, Mr. and Mrs. Downs...you two deserve all the happiness life has to offer!

Sunday November 4th, 2013
Baby Ethan was blessed by his daddy. It was such a sweet thing to see such a tiny little baby surrounded by all of these big men as his dad gave hime a name and a blessing. The Russell clan gathered together to celebrate the special day, and I'm glad I was able to snap a few pictures to remember the day by. 


Well...now I'm caught up. Sorry for the information/picture overload...but I was feeling overwhelmed with everything that I hadn't blogged about. But do you see why I have been MIA?? Sheesh.
I'm grateful life will be slowing down in the coming weeks (I hope) because I've missed spending time with this guy...



No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...