August 12, 2011

Libros

Summertime is my time to read. Alright...ALL the time is my time to read. At any given point in time, I'm usually in the middle of about 3-4 books. Summertime, however, is when I read, read, and then read some more.
Here's what I have been reading lately:

The Help: by Kathryn Stockett
Like most every woman in the country, I recently finished this ol' chestnut. Every time I see a novel-based movie, I try to read the book first. I don't know why I do this to myself, because inevitably, I am NEVER satisfied with the movie. But...I hear this adaptation was fabulouso, so we shall see.
As far as the book goes, I quite enjoyed it. I LOVED the characters, the setting...the fact that I felt like I was IN 1962. 
I give it 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Why the -.5?? Because the ending was lacking something for me. I'm not quite sure WHAT...but it was missing SOMETHING.



The Forgotten Garden: by Kate Morton
Oh how I love this book. I read this little jewel last summer, but have been passing it around my family this summer, so I needed to re-visit it. This book follows the story/mystery of a little girl who was found all alone on a dock in early twentieth century Australia. It crosses oceans, continents, and centuries as the characters attempt to discover who this little girl is and where she came from. If you can't tell...I give it 5 out of 5 shiny gold stars. I just loved it.
Other books I'm in the middle of you ask? They're not worth mentioning. Yeah...they're that good.


BUT??? Next on the list...


No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...