February 28, 2012

Let's All Go to the Movies!

I love the Oscars. I look forward to them every year, and while I recognize the superficiality of them...I can't help myself. I still love them. The gowns, the glitz and the glamour get me every time. But mostly just the gowns.
Here are a few of my favorites:
I loved the black on gold in Jessica Chastain's gown. I'm the queen of gaudy, so anything that stands out and SPARKLES is right up my ally! That's probably the same reason that I drooled a little bit over Sandra Bullock's dress. The totally 80s sequined appliques spoke to me. We had a connection. I'm into all things nude (the color, not the state of dress), so of course I loved Kristen Wiig's airy little ensemble. And Emma Stone always looks fabulous as far as I'm concerned. While my husband openly laughed at the "huge bow" at the top of her dress, I thought it had just the right mix of quirky and sophisticated.
But the show-stopper for me was this thing of beauty:
It got ripped apart by the fashion critics, but I thought it was stunning. Berenice Bejo in Ellie Saab. Mint green is such an interesting and unexpected choice, and it SO worked for me...especially paired with her contrasting copper locks. I was also quite pleased when her movie, "The Artist" won for best picture.
Despite the fact that I had been traveling all day (home from Arizona...more on that later), and didn't have time to fill out my "Oscar picks" ballot, the night was a hit...and I'm already looking forward to next year.

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...