November 02, 2016

Fall

The older I get, the more I realize that life is just a constant succession of seasons. Good ones and bad. While that fact may be obvious to some, I always seem to forget that all things come and go. That time, by its very definition, goes on. Hard times come to an end, and the birth of a new season brings a fresh start.
What a very obvious epiphany. 
But when I'm in the midst of one of those difficult seasons, I often forget that there will be an end. Change will come. Life will be fulfilling again, not just something to endure.
With the onset of Fall, one of those hard seasons has come to an end in my life. Fall has brought that fresh start that I've been waiting for, both literally and figuratively. I feel like I can finally take a deep breath, lift up my head, and enjoy life again.
My baby girl got to experience her first Halloween season this year, and watching her take it all in was such a lovely event. She is just so fascinated by the world around her and I love watching her try to figure things out. We took her to Oma's Pumpkin Patch (a Russell family tradition) where she went on her first hay ride, explored some pumpkin options, and met a few very friendly goats. It's funny how such simple activities take on new meaning when you experience them through your child's eyes.







Wren also got to experience Halloween, Russell style (which usually involves a lot of food and a lot of laughter). We decided to go as Mama Bird, Papa Bird, and Baby Bird. I spent WAY too much time perfecting her costume, but it was well worth it, I say, because Wren was pretty much the cutest bird that ever existed. Our Halloween weekend included a party, trick-or-treating, and Hocus Pocus in the yard. I'm still recovering from the sugar overload...




No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...